I previously posted a recipe for snickerdoodle cookies but then found this recipe for snickerdoodle bars and thought I better give it a try. Here's the recipe:
SNICKERDOODLE BARS by Betty Crocker
* 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 1 tablespoon cinnamon
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1 to 2 tablespoons milk/cream
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray or grease bottom only of a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Beat in sugars. Gradually beat eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture until combined. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients until combined.
3. Spoon half the batter into pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over batter.
4. Dollop teaspoon size amounts of remaining batter evenly over cinnamon-sugar mixture.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
6. In small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over bars.
NOTE: For a more "festive" look, sprinkle with colored sugar or other topping of your choice.