Sunday, March 14, 2010

KITCHEN NIGHTMARES

I don't tend to watch much TV but sometimes I find TV programs on-line and... in this case...get hooked.  On "Kitchen Nightmares" Gordon Ramsey visits restaurants that are going under and works through the issues causing their demise.  See: http://www.fox.com/kitchennightmares  The other night I watched three programs in a row! 

So, last night Kevin and I went out to dinner at The Happy Gnome on Selby in St. Paul; and it was packed.  The food was delicious and the portions were perfect.  If I had a camera along I could have captured how beautifully the food was presented.  Then I thought:  Why does this nice restaurant have such a weird name?  What would Gordon Ramsey say?   It's fortunate that the food is so good because if they ever let down their guard, the name could sink them!   Would you be inclined to go to a restaurant named "The Happy Gnome" if you didn't know anything about the restaurant?

No comments:

Post a Comment