Sunday, December 18, 2016

CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY PECAN TART

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!  It is baking season in so many homes, and a time to spend with friends.  Last night we were invited to a holiday dinner at friends, the Andersons.  I was asked to bring dessert.  What to bring?!?  So many options!  I came across this Taste of Home recipe in my online search of "cranberries" and "dessert," and I'm glad I did!  It was very easy to make, very festive and special for a holiday dessert.  The fresh cranberries give this very sweet tart a nice taste balance.   Serve it with whipped cream.

WHITE CHOCOLATE-CRANBERRY-PECAN TART.  Serves 12-14.
*  Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
*  1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (I used frozen)
*  1 cup pecan halves (NOT chopped)
*  1 cup white baking chips (I used a 4-oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate bar, cut into "chips.")
*  3 large eggs
*  3/4 cup packed brown sugar
*  3/4 cup light corn syrup
*  2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
*  1 teaspoon grated orange peel (from 1/2 navel orange)
Preheat oven to 350ยบ.  Roll out pastry to fit an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom;  trim edges.  Sprinkle with the cranberries, pecans and chips.  In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, flour and orange peel; pour over chips.  Bake 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack.



I never got around to taking a photo of the finished tart.  Use your imagination!  xoxoxoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment