HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! It is baking season in so many homes, and a time to spend with friends. Last night we were invited to a holiday dinner at friends, the Andersons. I was asked to bring dessert. What to bring?!? So many options! I came across this Taste of Home recipe in my online search of "cranberries" and "dessert," and I'm glad I did! It was very easy to make, very festive and special for a holiday dessert. The fresh cranberries give this very sweet tart a nice taste balance. Serve it with whipped cream.
WHITE CHOCOLATE-CRANBERRY-PECAN TART. Serves 12-14.
* Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
* 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (I used frozen)
* 1 cup pecan halves (NOT chopped)
* 1 cup white baking chips (I used a 4-oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate bar, cut into "chips.")
* 3 large eggs
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 cup light corn syrup
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (from 1/2 navel orange)
Preheat oven to 350º. Roll out pastry to fit an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Sprinkle with the cranberries, pecans and chips. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, flour and orange peel; pour over chips. Bake 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
I never got around to taking a photo of the finished tart. Use your imagination! xoxoxoxo, A