This is the recipe I've been making for years. I typically have everything on hand except for one navel orange. Because I love cranberries, I always have a bag in the freezer. Remind me later, and I'll share my recipes for cranberry cake, bars and torte. All delicious!
WHOLE CRANBERRY SAUCE. Makes about 2 cups, or double recipe for 4 cups!!
* 1/2 pound fresh cranberries (okay to make from frozen, as is)
* 1/4 cup port
* Juice from 1/2 navel orange (about 1/4 cup)
* Peel from 1/2 navel orange
* 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
* 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 cup toasted pecan halves, lightly chopped
Put all ingredients except the pecans in a saucepan. Stir and cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally and continue to cook about 15 to 20 minutes until the cranberries have split and the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat, allow to cool in a covered pan. Stir back into the sauce the water that has accumulated on the cover of the pan, along with the pecans. Cover and store in the refrigerator for several weeks. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
|Add all ingredients except the pecans to the saucepan.|
|Cook until cranberries burst and sauce thickens.|