The beauty of this salad is that any number of veggies or ingredients can be added or substituted. Throw in what you have on hand, and what you love, and you will love the end result. The uniting ingredient is the salad dressing which I found on Lynne Rossetto Kasper's "Splendid Table" blog.
SUMMER HARVEST SALAD. Serves 8 - 10.
* 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* Salt to taste
In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and ground coriander. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until well-blended. Season to taste with salt.
* 2-3 large handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved and seeded
* 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded using a spoon, and sliced
* 5 scallions/green onions, chopped
* a small bunch of cilantro leaves, chopped
* grilled corn from 1 large cob
* 1 cup cooked orzo (small Greek pasta)
* Top with crumbled Feta cheese, just before serving
Put all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl, mix with salad dressing to taste (the recipe makes more than you will use for this salad). Just before serving, crumble feta cheese on top.
ENJOY THIS HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS SALAD!!!