Thursday, May 30, 2013

CHOCOLATE-FROSTED COCONUT BARS

I mentioned that our Memorial Day Party was a potluck affair.  One couple brought bars that were absolutely delicious.  She said that this is an old recipe that she got from her mother many years ago.   I asked for the recipe, and she said that I could share it with you.  It's your lucky day!

Chocolate-Frosted Coconut Bars
*  1/2 cup butter
*  1-1/2 cups graham crackers
*  1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
*  14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
*  16 oz bag of chocolate chips
Melt the butter and add the cracker crumbs, mix well and press into the bottom of a 9"x13" pan.  Mix the coconut and milk and spread over the cracker crumb crust.  Bake 25-30 minutes in a 350ยบ oven (less for a glass pan).  Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes, until the chips are melted.  Spread chocolate over the top.  Cool and cut into squares.

I'd share a photo with you but, alas, these were gone before I had a chance to go get my camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment