Monday, November 1, 2010

FLOWERS IN NOVEMBER

All is not dead in the garden... yet!  I needed a floral arrangement for a dinner party on Saturday night so, before making a trip to the store to buy flowers, I decided to see what I could find in my garden.  Here is what I found:



Not a great shot so I'll explain.  There are four plant materials in the vase - Sedum flower heads (Blackjack),  Weigela leaves (Wine and Roses),  Variegated Pagoda Dogwood stems (Argentea), and Miscanthus sinensis Flame Grass (Purpurascens).   Since this was put together two days ago some of the leaves are starting to curl but on Saturday night it looked very pretty.   I should have thought to take a picture with the table all set since my burgundy/tan dishes matched the floral arrangement.    So, the message is:  Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.  I saved car expense, and repurposed my own flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment