Every year Lindquist & Vennum hosts a party for the new summer associates who will be working with the firm along with others who are involved in the management of the firm, and their spouses. Last year it was at our house; this year it was at Kitchen Windows in Uptown where we all participated in a cooking class on grilling. The menu was:
* Smoked Sundried Tomato Spread with Grilled Baguette
* Grilled Risotto Stuffed Red Peppers
* Bistecca Alla Fiorentina
* Smashed Bagna Cada Mashed Potatoes
* Oak Planked Tiramisu
Kevin and I were part of "Team Jamie Oliver" and we worked on the Grilled Risotto Stuffed Red Pepper. It, naturally, was my favorite since I am a huge fan of vegies. The recipe is rather involved, though, so I decided to share with you the recipe for the appetizer instead. Nevertheless, if you want any of these recipes just let me know. They were all delicious!
SMOKED SUNDRIED TOMATO SPREAD WITH GRILLED BAGUETTE
* 1 pint Hellman's Mayonnaise
* 1 pint sour cream
* 1/4 pound asiago cheese, shredded
* 1/4 pound jack cheese, shredded
* 3 oz. semi-sundried tomatoes, julienned
* 1/4 pound green onions, rinsed and sliced thin
* 4 oz. baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and minced
Preheat grill to 400º. Combine all ingredients except tomatoes in a bowl and mix. [The tomatoes must be added last or the cheese dip will discolor.] Add tomatoes and mix. Place in a grill proof dish and place in the grill. Grill until browned and hot. When heated, garnish with additional green onions and serve with grilled bread.